- President and founding member, President of the Administrative Board and member of the Scientific Council, Edumed Institute (Institute for Education in Medicine and
Health - Instituto para Educação em Medicina e Saúde), Campinas, Brazil (2000-present).
- Director for Professional Education and Regional Representative for Campinas, Member of the Education Commission and leader of the Profissionalization Project (proTICS), Brazilian Society for Health Informatics (2008-2012).
- Secretary General of the Instituto HL7 Brasil (2011-present)
- Associate Editor for New Media, Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, Brazilian Association of Scientific Divulgation (ABDC), Ribeirão Preto, Brazil (2010-)
- Director for External Relations of the Campinas Branch and Coordinator of the Interest Group of Distance Education in Biology and Health, Brazilian Association for Distance Education (2010-present).
- Chief Executive Officer, WebPraxis International Consultants and Development Ltd., Campinas, Brazil (2004-present).
- Founder and Director of Business, Edulogica Educação & Tecnologia Ltd. Campinas, Brazil (2003-present)
- Founder and president, Brazilian Society of Skeptics and Rationalists
- Member of the Working Groups Health Informatics for Development and Social Media, International
Medical Informatics Association (1996-present)
- Member of the Technology Council of the Syndicate of Engineers of the State of São Paulo, since September 2008
- Member of the Scientific Committee, XIII Brazilian Congress of Health Informatics, Curitiba, November 2012.
- Associate researcher, founder, former Director (1983-1999, 2001-2003 - retired), Associate Director (1999-2001) and R&D Director (2000-2003), former Center
for Biomedical Informatics, State University of Campinas, Brazil.
- Associate Professor and Chairman, Medical Informatics, Dept. Medical Genetics of the Faculty
of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Brazil (1988-2003 - retired.
- Professor and graduate studies supervisor, Department of Physiology and Biophysics (presently Dept. of Structural and Functional Biology) of the Institute of Biology, and Department of Biomedical Engineering of the the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the State University of Campinas, Brazil (1985-2003) - retired
- Member of the Committee of Distance Education of the State University of Campinas, Campinas, Brazil (1998-2003).
- Scientific assistant (1967-1968), graduate assistant (1969-1972), assistant professor (1972-1983) of the Department of Physiology of the Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirão Preto of the University of São Paulo, founder and chairman of the Laboratory of Neuroethology (1974-1983) and coordinator of the Computer Laboratory (1980-1983) of the same department.
- Director for Informatics, Brazilian Medical Association (1996-1999)
- Founder (1986), Vice-President (1986-1988), President (1988-1990) and Secretary General (1992-1994), Member of the Fiscal Council (1990-1992, 1994-1996) and Member of the Admissions Committee (1998-2000, 2008-2010), Regional coordinator for Campinas (2008-2012)
Brazilian Society for Health Informatics.
- President, International Medical Informatics Association - Federation for the Latin America and the Caribbean (IMIA-LAC) (1999-2000)
- Founder and Technical Coordinator, the Center for Distance Education in Health (CEAD-S), Center for Biomedical Informatics, State University of Campinas (2000-2004)
- Associate Researcher of the Laboratory for Advanced Studies in Journalism (1999-2003)
- Founder and Technical Coordinator, the e*pub- Electronic Publications in Medicine and Biology Group. Center for Biomedical Informatics of the State University of Campinas, Brazil (1995-2003)
- Member of the Internet Working Group of the American Medical Informatics Association(1996-2001)
- Coordinator for Informatics in Biological Psychiatry, Brazilian Association of Biological Psychiatry (presently a department of the Brazilian Association of Psychiatry) (1996-1997)
- Member of the Health Working Group, Interministerial Committee for Internet Brazil (1996-1999)
- Member of the Editorial Board, Medical Matrix
- Member of the Scientific Council of the Latin American Cultural Association for Medical and Scientific Research and Studies - Associação Cultural Latino-Americana de Pesquisas e Estudos Médico-Científicos), São Paulo, Brazil (2000-2004)
- Secretary General of the Brazilian Society of Physiology (1982-1985).