Creation of Scientific Groups
- 2000-present: Created and directes the Edumed Institute for Education in Medicine and Health and the Edumed.net Consortium (National Consortium for Distance Education in Medicine and Health and Telemedicine).
- International Center for Information and Communication Technologies in Health (ciTICS)
- Research Group of Wireless Technologies and Human Health
- Center of Studies in Health and Work (CEST)
- 1988-2003: Created and directed the Chair of Medical Informatics and Biostatistics of the Medical School, State University of Campinas.
- 1983-2003: Created and directed the Center of Biomedical Informatics of the State University of Campinas, in Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil; a pioneering interdisciplinary research center.
- 1973-1983: Created and directed the Laboratory of Neuroethology at the Department of Physiology of the Medical School of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil; the first of its kind in Latin America.
Creation of Private Companies
Dr. Sabbatini was or is a partner and director in the following private companies:
- Edulogica Education & Technology, a company
specializing in technical consultancy, hardware, software and services in the fields of information tecbnology and telecommunications
applied to education and health (2003-present)
- Webpraxis International, a company specializing in internet and
web services and sites development, technical translation of sites and documents, technical courses, etc. (1997-present)
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Academic Projects, of Itautec Informatics Corp., the largest Brazilian industry of computers (1985-1989)
- Partner of Dataquest Informatica Ltd. (a consultancy firm) (1987-1993).
- Partner of CCNI Consultancy & Projects (a consultancy and medical software firm) (1993-2000).